Tableau Firmware Update (TFU)
Since the release of our first-generation Tableau products, we knew that it would be essential to make firmware updates available on a regular basis. Long-term product support is one of the commitments we make to our customers, and we are proud to still be providing free Tableau firmware updates as a value-add after the sale to this day. These updates make it possible to introduce new product features, improve device compatibility and performance, and even fix newly discovered bugs after the initial launch of the product.
The Tableau Firmware Update (TFU) utility is a simple-to-use tool for Microsoft Windows that can update the firmware in your Tableau hardware devices (e.g., Forensic Duplicators and Forensic Bridges). TFU automatically identifies the model of the Tableau device connected to the host computer and applies the appropriate update on command. There is no need for you to match firmware files with the corresponding device.
Newer Tableau devices with a USB 3.0 host connection now update their firmware over USB. Tableau products without a USB 3.0 connection must update over FireWire (1394). Please ensure you install the proper controller or adapter in your system. If you have any questions or issues when attempting to update your Tableau devices, please contact support.
Tableau Imager (TIM)
Tableau Imager (TIM) is Tableau’s free forensic imaging software application. Optimized for imaging with Tableau Forensic Bridges, TIM is an intuitive and information-rich application for Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later (compatible with both 32 and 64-bit versions) built to improve your forensic imaging productivity.
The latest version of TIM includes:
- Innovative, real-time acquisition graphics
- Ability to schedule jobs for sequential or simultaneous imaging
- Support for Encase .E01, .DD, or .DMG output file formats
- User selectable .E01 compression levels
- Ability to customize destination path and file name conventions by using user-specified strings and/or variables such as date + time, subject drive serial number, and model number
- Advanced error recovery and reporting
- Calculation of MD5 and SHA-1 hash values
- Image job, HDD, and write blocker information (for reporting and archival)
Tableau Password Recovery Update
Similar to Tableau Firmware Updates, the Tableau Password Recovery Update is a free value-add available to Tableau Password Recovery (TPR) users. This update enables support for additional file types, enhances performance, and provides other product improvements for TPR units.