Guidance Software Survey Shows Increased Focus on Endpoint Security Concerns
News | Aug 2, 2017
Security and IT pros investing in tools and capabilities to secure data and create efficiency
PASADENA, Calif. – August 2, 2017 – Guidance Software, the makers of EnCase®, the gold standard in forensic security, today announced the results of an endpoint security survey of IT and security professionals done in conjunction with other technology vendors and Enterprise Strategy Group. The responses indicate that many security teams lack the appropriate endpoint detection and response tools to quickly and efficiently triage security alerts, identify real threats, and remediate attacks – without the need to take endpoints offline to re-image. As a result, the majority of survey respondents will be expanding their budgets for endpoint security tools and capabilities over the next year.
“Security professionals across all industries are facing critical attacks on their networks and are finding it more and more difficult to respond quickly and efficiently,” said Patrick Dennis, President and CEO of Guidance Software. “While organizations can try to do everything in their power to prevent breaches, they must accept the reality that no network is completely secure. By adopting the right tools and processes for rapid detection and response, security teams can be more confident in their abilities to find and remediate issues when - not if - a breach occurs.”
Key findings from the survey include:
- 95% of respondents say that advanced software functionality for malware removal and system recovery – without the need to re-image a system – is important in an endpoint security suite.
- 23% of respondents cite re-imaging endpoints as one of their organization’s top two endpoint security challenges.
- 72% of respondents say they will increase their endpoint security budget over the next year, with 32% of those saying the increase will be “substantial.”
- 27% of respondents consider endpoint detection and response (EDR) to be one of the most important security controls currently in use
- Only 27% of respondents reported attacks in the last 12 months from commodity malware. The majority of attacks involved methods that typically bypass traditional AV/EPP perimeter solutions.
The online survey was completed by 385 security and IT professionals across multiple industry verticals from North America in June 2017.
About Guidance Software
Guidance (NASDAQ: GUID) exists to turn chaos and the unknown into order and the known-so that companies and their customers can go about their daily lives as usual without worry or disruption, knowing their most valuable information is safe and secure. The makers of EnCase®, the gold standard in forensic security, and EnForce™, an automated cyber risk management platform, Guidance provides a mission-critical foundation of market-leading applications that offer deep 360-degree visibility across all endpoints, devices and networks, allowing proactive identification and remediation of threats.
From retail to financial institutions, our field-tested and court-proven solutions are deployed on an estimated 35 million endpoints at more than 70 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of agencies worldwide, from beginning to endpoint.
Guidance Software®, EnCase® and EnForce™ are trademarks owned by Guidance Software and may not be used without prior written permission. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.