Guidance Software Unveils New Investigation Solutions for Corporations and Law Enforcement
News | Jul 13, 2016
PASADENA, Calif. – July 13, 2016 – Guidance Software, makers of EnCase®, the gold standard in forensic security, today announced the Version 8 releases of EnCase Endpoint Investigator and EnCase Forensic.
“We spent long hours in the field with digital investigators to understand their needs and how we could best solve their challenges,” said Ken Basore, senior vice president of product engineering at Guidance. “We know they require tools that keep pace with evolving adversaries and that allow them to complete endpoint investigations quickly and effectively. EnCase Endpoint Investigator and EnCase Forensic, which are developed with direct customer feedback, deliver the most powerful investigation products on the market.”
With a renewed focus on the needs of digital investigators, these new products streamline workflows, enrich breadth and depth of reporting, and facilitate the onboarding of new examiners. New capabilities include:
- Built-in Investigation Workflows to Speed Training – Organizations can bring new investigators up to speed quickly with step-by-step workflows for their most common investigative tasks.
- Automated Search – More than 50 of the most common types of inquiries have been pre-defined, enabling time-saving automated search.
- Simplified Reporting – The ability to generate ad-hoc HTML reports saves time when sharing preliminary findings.
- Quick Preview Capabilities (Encase Endpoint Investigator) – Investigators can preview remote devices more rapidly without caching the endpoint device, expediting investigations.
- Project VIC Integration (EnCase Forensic) – Law enforcement investigators can now make use of the Project VIC hash library during their investigations of child exploitation, saving significant time.
The trusted standard in criminal investigations and accepted in courts around the world, EnCase investigation products enable examiners to rapidly acquire data from a wide variety of devices, identify potential evidence through deep forensic analysis, and produce accurate reports.
“EnCase products are an industry standard for forensic investigations,” said David Lewis, managing director at Fulcrum Management. “Based on the latest enhancements to EnCase Forensic, it’s clear that Guidance is committed to giving my customers what they need. I look forward to working with Guidance to bring this new product to market.”
EnCase Endpoint Investigator and EnCase Forensic are available now. For more information on pricing, packaging and upgrades, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information is available at www.guidancesoftware.com.
About Guidance Software
Guidance (NASDAQ: GUID) exists to turn chaos and the unknown into order and the known-so that companies and their customers can go about their daily lives as usual without worry or disruption, knowing their most valuable information is safe and secure. The makers of EnCase®, the gold standard in forensic security, Guidance provides a mission-critical foundation of market-leading applications that offer deep 360-degree visibility across all endpoints, devices and networks, allowing proactive identification and remediation of threats. From retail to financial institutions, our field-tested and court-proven solutions are deployed on an estimated 33 million endpoints at more than 70 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of agencies worldwide, from beginning to endpoint.
Guidance Software®, EnCase® and EnForce™ are trademarks owned by Guidance Software and may not be used without prior written permission. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160713005516/en/