Dark Reading Report: The Impact of a Security Breach 2017
Here are some insights from the report:
• One in four organizations suffered significant or minor direct financial losses due to an attack or breach in the past 12 months.
• Approximately 65% of organizations fell victim to malware-related breaches, while 55% experienced phishing-initiated breaches.
• Nearly one in five organizations suffered from intellectual property theft or compromise of information confidentiality in the past year.
• Among those who were hit by directly targeted breaches, 20% bore costs in excess of $1 million.
• Only 54% of organizations feel well-prepared to respond to a major breach in the coming year.
• Approximately 23% of organizations were struck by ransomware attacks; 9% paid the ransom.
EnCase Endpoint Security