What the latest Survey Says about Endpoint Security
Security | Apr 17, 2017
The next-generation of endpoints have arrived. More than servers, desktops, and laptops – Today's endpoints include printers, industrial controls, HVAC systems, and even edgepoints like automobiles, wearables, even pace makers.
This year, Guidance collaborated with the SANS Institute as a co-sponsor of their latest survey, Next-Gen Endpoint Risks and Protections. The survey results help us better understand how the endpoint threat landscape changed in the last year and what IT security teams have done to improve their ability to identify and protect the endpoints they deem most vulnerable.
Click here to download the full report, but highlights make it clear that many organization are struggling with incident response:
- 53% of survey respondents experienced a compromise in the last 24 months
- 48% survey respondents detected compromise through endpoint detection and response processes
- 79% of survey respondents find that threat hunting for compromised endpoints without IOC’s to be impossible or difficult
- 74% of survey respondents find that determining when the incident is fully remediated is impossible or difficult
- 51% of survey respondents are unable to detect unauthorized possession of sensitive data
- A majority of organizations are lacking powerful, quick and decisive remediation
The Forensic Security Suite of products from Guidance provide complete 360-degree endpoint visibility to help you find, analyze and stop threats that have penetrated your perimeter security. Breaches happen, but with forensic-grade detection and response capabilities, you can stop attacks and keep your name out of the headlines.
Click here to download the full survey report.
For more information on how the Guidance Software Forensic Security Suite can help your organization proactively defend against the most advanced threats, contact us at experts@Guid.com or click here to schedule a demo.