New Track at CEIC 2015 Targets Critical Executive-level Legal and Security Issues
Security | Mar 25, 2015
The new track expands upon the success of the annual CISO/CLO Summit and is packed with an all-star roster of speakers and topics. We’re eager to share some of the highlights of the management track with you in this blog, but encourage you to review the complete CEIC 2015 conference agenda with session descriptions and speaker bios for all 12 tracks.
Management Strategies to Help Mitigate Foreign Attacks
Bookending the management track are two powerful speakers you won’t want to miss. Assistant U.S. Attorney and National Cyber Security Specialist Edward J. McAndrew will kick off the first day by demonstrating the prevalence of borderless cyber crime and how victimized organizations can apprehend and prosecute foreign cyber criminals to help mitigate the long-term cyber threat. Expanding on the same topic, Law & Forensics General Counsel Daniel Garrie wraps up the last day in a session that explains how to react to attacks perpetrated by sovereign nations from the legal, business, and security viewpoints.
Both of these speakers bring a significant amount of legal acclaim to the CEIC program. As the Cybercrime Coordinator and National Security Cyber Specialist in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Delaware, Mr. McAndrew authored the Supreme Court Commission’s “Leading Practices: Data Security,” the first set of data security practices published by a state bar. He will share case studies of the first U.S. convictions of China-based and other foreign cybercriminals.
Mr. Garrie is the Editor-in-Chief and founder of the Journal of Law and Cyber Warfare, and has co-authored a number of books, including, “Plugged In: Guidebook to Software and the Law, Dispute Resolution and E-Discovery,” and “Cyber Warfare: Understanding the Law, Policy and Technology.”
Management Panels Share Thought Leadership on IP Theft, Cloud-based Risks, and E-Discovery
CEIC has always attracted speakers who are leading practitioners and thought leaders from around the globe, and the new management track is packed with high-caliber presenters. We’ve worked hard to create three high-level panel discussions that directly address executive challenges:
- IP Theft from In-House to Courtroom
- Managing Business Risks in the Cloud
- E-Discovery from Three Perspectives: Corporate, Discovery Services, and a Law Firm
- 451 Research’s David Horrigan, an industry analyst, attorney and award-winning journalist
- Innovative Discovery’s Joseph Martinez, a U.S. Army veteran who served as a Counterintelligence Special Agent tasked with neutralizing threats to U.S. Department of Defense information systems.
- Executives from leading cloud service providers LinkedIn and DropBox and the world’s largest oilfield services company, Schlumberger Limited, to share personal, real-world case studies and best practices alongside legal pundits to shed light on counsel’s frame of reference.
Visit the CEIC event website for information on the current event agenda, registration information, sponsor and exhibitor opportunities, and register now. Also, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for the latest CEIC buzz and conversation.