Sneak Peek at One Piece of Our New Logo
Digital Forensics | Nov 3, 2015UPDATE: We have our three winners! Thanks for playing and helping us celebrate our new look and logo, everyone.
Original blog post
Since 1997, Guidance Software has had a look--was it a watch or a stack of discs?--but we decided it was time for a makeover. To give you a sneak peek at it prior to this week's official unveiling, we've decided to deploy the classic "Easter egg" hunt within our HTML code.
We'll have an official press announcement revealing the new logo just after 1:00 on Wednesday, November 4, but those of you are reading this can earn a special preview by finding the "Easter egg"--a link to one piece of our shiny new logo somewhere in this blog post. In fact, you'll soon find clues to the locations of the other three Easter eggs on our @EnCase account on Twitter (no Twitter account required to view our page) and to our Facebook page. Just email all four parts AND the four URLs where the pieces were found to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first three players to send the correct logo -- based on email timestamps -- will win a $250 American Express gift card, plus a t-shirt and coffee mug emblazoned with the new logo.
Get to know our new look before the rest of the world -- we dare you!
And of course... there's some fine print
- ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter by submitting images and URLs via email to email@example.com.
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents over the age of 18. Employees of Guidance Software, Inc. (“GSI”)(along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest, but may not win any prizes.
- WINNER SELECTION: Social media posts to Guidance Twitter and Facebook profiles/pages will give clues as to where to find a hidden link to one of four parts of our new logo. Participants must figure out where the posts are in our multiple blogs, find the links, click through, and email all four pieces along with the four URLs where the pieces were found to firstname.lastname@example.org. First three players (based on time stamps in email) to submit the four logo pieces and URLs to email@example.com win prizes named below. All decisions of the judges are final.
- PRIZES: Winners will receive a $250 American Express gift card and GSI-branded merchandise with a maximum value of less than $50, including a polo shirt and coffee mug.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participants hereby grant GSI a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation.
- USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of GSI. GSI reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK OR TWITTER: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter and release Facebook and Twitter from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to GSI and not to Facebook nor Twitter, and will be used to notify you if you have won, and to inform you about special offers from GSI.
- CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. GSI in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: GSI is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, GSI may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release GSI from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
- WINNERS LIST: The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Social Media Contests, GSI, 1055 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91106.