Reduce Costs and Mitigate Risk by Taking Control of your End-to-End E-Discovery Process with EnCase® eDiscovery
EnCase eDiscovery is the electronic discovery (e-discovery) solution of choice for addressing the end-to-end e-discovery needs of corporations and government agencies. This comprehensive and scalable software solution, which includes EnCase eDiscovery Review, effectively manages electronically stored information (ESI) in litigation, arbitration, and internal or regulatory investigations by significantly reducing the risk and expense associated with e-discovery.
With EnCase eDiscovery, you’re equipped in one complete product with all the essential capabilities you need from legal hold, identification, collection and preservation to processing, early case assessment (ECA), analytics, review and production. Whether for a single case or multiple matters, EnCase eDiscovery delivers exceptional value, resulting in faster, more cost-effective and consistent discovery while reducing risk.
EnCase eDiscovery: E-Discovery Done Right
The EnCase eDiscovery system provides a comprehensive and scalable set of software capabilities for managing electronic evidence both inside your company and with your external legal team partners. The solution meets all requirements to support the legal department business process enabling the status of projects to be viewed, audited, and communicated to others. By deploying EnCase eDiscovery, a single system for automating and managing these critical business processes, your in-house legal and IT teams will gain better management and oversight of every phase of the e-discovery process and reduce cost and risk at the same time.
Built on a distributed and scalable architecture, the award-winning system identifies, collects and processes only potentially relevant data, preserving documents and associated metadata in the court-validated EnCase Legal Evidence File format. This robust and auditable process ensures complete chain of custody from the moment the legal hold is issued until documents are produced.
EnCase eDiscovery Complete speeds your response time by simplifying workflow at every phase of the process.
EnCase eDiscovery Review: Reducing the Cost of Document Review
EnCase eDiscovery Review delivers enormous efficiencies and scalability to legal document review by providing your legal team with web-based review tools such as dynamic concepts, faceted navigation, related-document review, near-duplicate technology, email threading, and a host of other real-world features, all aimed at accelerating document review, driving accuracy, and reducing volume.
In addition, EnCase eDiscovery Review provides your legal team with a central legal repository featuring fully integrated multi-matter support. This powerful capability enables any number of attorneys to operate securely on any number of cases within the same virtual workspace, on the same set of documents—independently or in collaboration—without compromising confidentiality. The centralized legal repository retains all work product, reduces the likelihood of errors, enables you to apply standard processes across all cases, compares current cases to previous matters, and ensures that documents withheld in one matter are never produced in another, dramatically lowering the risk profile of legal activity for your organization.
EnCase eDiscovery + Review: One System, Driving Value, Reducing Risk.
Manage One to Many Matters in a Collaborative E-Discovery Environment
Corporate e-discovery teams often include members from HR, IT, Information Security, and Legal, which can make using a solution built only for litigation specialists a cumbersome process. Built especially for the enterprise, EnCase® eDiscovery Complete offers everything your team needs for complete, defensible, and accurate results in your e-discovery process for litigation and investigatory matters.
When to Bring E-Discovery In-House
In today’s legal and technological landscape, the best determinant of whether or not you should bring e-discovery in-house isn’t the size of your organization, but rather the number of cases you address each year. Even if you typically handle only two cases per year, if they’re relatively large cases, EnCase® eDiscovery Complete can save you tremendous time, cost, and risk. As Gartner Research Distinguished Analyst Deb Logan said recently in a joint webinar, “Most companies with any kind of level of litigation at all—maybe even 10 cases a year or one or two big cases a year with multiple custodians—should really give serious thought to bringing the process in-house.”
Perform Early Case Assessment on Multiple Matters at Any Point
Centralized Legal Repository
Only EnCase eDiscovery Complete can provide your legal team with a centralized legal repository featuring fully integrated multi-matter support. This powerful capability enables any number of attorneys to operate securely on any number of cases within the same virtual workspace, on the same set of documents—independently or in collaboration—without compromising confidentiality. The centralized legal repository:
• Retains all work product
• Provides de-duplication across cases
• Compares current cases to previous matters
• Ensures that documents withheld in one matter are never produced in another
• Reduces data-volume cost and associated risk
• Scales to handle any combination of cases, users, and data volumes
Benefits & Features
Lower Costs and Reduce Time to Resolution
• Immediately reap the rewards of a
powerful, efficient e-discovery
• Eliminate outsourced processing and
• Learn the system easily with
streamlined desktop application
• Enjoy one-click data upload to
CaseCentral Review, including
metadata and other subjective fields
Gain Unprecedented Management
Power and Flexibility
• Easily administer and monitor teams
of attorneys in real-time
• Readily maintain a complete chain
• Eliminate coding errors with real-time
QC query folders
• Enforce holds on structured and
Leverage Prior Matters for All-New Levels of Efficiency
• Make immediate use of previous work product, redactions, searches, workflows and processes across cases
• Produce faster for litigation or regulatory response
• Protect privilege across cases to avoid inadvertent production
Reduce Risk Exposure
• Quickly issue notices to custodians
• Collect and preserve more complete results
• Preserve electronically stored information (ESI)
• Automatically track the legal hold process
Gain Actionable Intelligence Earlier
• Know what’s in the data and act on it with multiple conceptual views
• Easily identify and filter on key values with faceted navigation
• Create and manage Legal Holds from a single interface
• Automatically identify and notify custodians regarding legal preservation holds using Active Directory (AD)
• Ensure preservation obligations are met in full
• Provide visibility and insight for the preservation and collection of ESI via enhance custodian questionnaires
Anytime Analytics and Early Case Assessment (ECA)
• Unique ability to do pre- and post-case assessment and first-pass review at any point in the e-discovery process
• Easy culling and tagging of document groups prior to review
• Powerful data analytics and a simple interface
• Documents are accessible directly from the application
Non-disruptive Collection and Preservation
• Exclusive capability to collect and preserve content with no disruption to business operations
• Powerful collection and patented, optimized, distributed search functionality deliver the most
comprehensive results possible
• View pivotal information in a graphical layout
• Superior culling and processing
The Right Architecture for the Right E-Discovery Function
• On-Premises collection and preservation behind the firewall, providing security and oversight of your electronic data
• Secure hosted review and production safely enables collaboration among a geographically dispersed legal team
with disparate infrastructure
• Blended on-premise or hosted processing and analysis offers flexibility to suit your needs and your way of operating
Guidance Software Professional Services empowers customers with direct access to technical expertise with a personalized experience that maximizes your return on investment and accelerates your time to value. With Professional Services from Guidance, your staff gains a trusted advisor to meet your goals in all areas of digital investigation.
Guidance Advisory Program Services
Guidance Software Advisory Program (GAP) is designed to ensure successful adoption of the EnCase suite of products into your business processes and operations. Our methodology is focused on analysis, planning, and continual assessment of process improvement and risk.
Learn More >>
Implementation Services ensure you get up and running smoothly. We leverage a carefully constructed methodology that takes into account your network environment, performance requirements, and digital investigation strategies to deliver seamless solution implementation.
Learn More >>
EnCase eDiscovery Services
EnCase eDiscovery Services are designed to help companies fundamentally improve the way they manage electronic discovery to gain efficiencies, achieve compliance, and reduce costs.
Learn More >>
Casework Services provides immediate assistance to help with internal investigations, e-discovery collections and processing, network security events and remediation of unwanted electronic data.
Learn More >>
Data Mapping Services
Data Mapping Services provides deeper insight into where sensitive ESI resides by leveraging a detailed data map report that enables organizations to take proactive steps to understand and manage risk, prepare in advance of litigation, and make any necessary adjustments to secure ESI.
Learn More >>
Technical & Integration Assistance Services
Technical & Integration Assistance Services helps you maintain your EnCase® Cybersecurity with integration, upgrades and tuning. We focus on optimizing the performance of your system with tailored requirements to meet your specific needs.
Learn More >>